gayguymemoirs
Loading...

Why does Discrimination STILL exist?


As I start writing this piece currently the title is blank! I have no idea what to call this piece but it is something that has come to me over the past few weeks and I feel I need to express my opinion on certain subject/matters. I am not setting out to offend anybody and if I do, I apoloigse now as this is not what I nor my blog is about. It's just about expressing my feelings.

It surprises me that in 2014 there is so much hate, anger and discrimination against, well, everyone! We are still finding countries that have being "Gay" as illegal, certain states in America are ALLOWING discrimination to not serve gay people in shops or to employ them. There is still racial discrimination in the world. Let's take the case of the Michael Brown shooting and how it’s exploded into a racial issue. Headlines including "Black Boy" or "Black Shooting" and now the cop, even though cleared, is still getting the racist card! It isn't a specific race or sex that is the issue in this case, it’s the country, this is what happens when you allow anyone to buy a gun, there is no other country you hear of shootings than America, and there is the problem right there it is NOTHING to do with race.

The above two issues are pretty extreme but still relevant. There is all sorts of discrimination of people with their weight, height, hair, colour of their skin, sexuality, money and so on. But what I can't understand is why it all of this exists, why in such a time where we have come so far do I feel we are still way of equality and in some aspects taking a few steps back, not just for people like me, but for everybody. Whether it is looked upon as being judgmental or discrimination to me it is the same thing. 

Take Kim Kardashian for example - this women has had so much judgmental comments about her past with the sex tape, her parenting skills, her photos, her weight, her family. If this was happening in a school or a work place it would be classed as bullying! Why in the world are we allowing this to happen, this to me is letting the next generation think it’s an OK behaviour! And when I ask the question “Why do you think she gets treated like this” the only response I receive is "that's what she gets for being in the public eye" which to me is an invalid argument. She got it out, she got paid and she laughing now so fair play to her!

Now on a real sensitive subject, and this is something I have been toying with whether I should write it or not but here goes. All these recent allegations of the Bill Crosby rape victims and to all the other victims of previous celebrities. My heart goes out to every single one of these victims and I can't imagine what it is like to have to relive this again, stay strong and be strong! I have been following these and reading news articles on this and I am absolutely shocked, as a male, at some of the things woman are writing about the Male Sex in general. Comments include "The Male Species I am sure are built to rape", "You can't trust ANY man, they rape" “I wish men would think about what it’s like for their daughter, mother, and sister before they raped” and tarring every. Single. Man! I think that it needs to be remembered and brought to everyone's attention that men are victims of rape to, it is not and never will be just men who rape, and men get raped to. Again discriminating a whole sex!

We as people need to stop all of the above, stop the generalisation of race, sex, sexuality, religion etc and learn to not judge others, we are all guilty of this no one is an angel here! A 25 year old man died yesterday whilst playing a sport, a motocross sportsman died on his bike, a 12 year old boy died this week and many young people are dying on a daily basis. 

Life really is too short to judge, life is too short to hate and life is, well just too short! We need to learn to live, love and be happy in ourselves, and ask yourself the question "If I were to die right now, as I am now, would I be happy with what I have achieved and would I regret anything" Only you can answer this truthfully and only you can change the outcome.


opinions 6448968686984680613

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta