gayguymemoirs
Loading...

I was Born this Way


Me and my Mum
I grew for 9 years of my life with mainly just my mum. She was always there for me and supported me through everything. I think we did each other. She then met my new Step Dad (whom she is now married to) and is also a big supportive dad character for me - to the point I now call him my Dad.

I remember being picked up from play school and my mum use to ask me "is everything ok spud, you can tell me anything you want I will always love you" and I use to think Yes there is, but never knew quite how to say it even with her telling me how supportive she would be of me, she always new, mum's always know!

I remember wearing a thin sheet walking down our stairs pretending it was a dress, letting the trail of the "dress" flop down the stairs behind me. Funnily enough the sheet had rainbow stripes.

I remember at school (about 12/13), feeling uncomfortable about being in the boys changing rooms and found myself looking at other guys and I found it hard and confusing as to why i was doing this! it use to make me angry as I didn't have anyone to tell. My best friend Hayley was the first to be told and she was so so sooo supportive and helped me. I needed that as I was bullied every day of my schooling period.

I told my mum and step dad at the age of about 14 and I couldn't of asked for more support. I expected it from my Mum but my step dad - well lets just say they both love me and that is all that matters. 

I can't give advice to people who are gay who need to tell parent's as it depends on the parent. I do however believe if you have a close friend they are the easiest to tell and it takes a HUGE weight of your shoulder in order to help deal with it yourself.

I still find myself every now and then dealing with low life immature narrow minded people who seem to be discriminative either at work or just in general. I am bigger and stronger than them!!
opinions 6165616796436440250

Post a Comment

  1. Bless u Spudly...Gave me a lump in my throat reading that :)

    HeeHee, i remember the rainbow sheet - didnt realise u did that with it tho. If i had of known i would a forced u to play dress ups more! :P

    Love u loads and am hugely proud of u and all u have achieved.

    Keep that beautiful head held high.

    Kisses, Auntie Rhianna xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta