gayguymemoirs
Loading...

Celebrity Guest Post - Jack Mackenroth - HIV & Life



Well, I am please excited to post this interview/Guest Post from gay heart throb model, actor, writer and TV Personality - You may all remember him from Project Runway - Jack Mackenroth. In this short interview we talk about living with HIV and what is in store for jack

I was excited when Jack said he would do this and also told I can help myself to ANY photo's I wanted (well of course I will have them ALL please Jack) ;) lol... Only kidding. So here it is below, unedited word for word, Enjoy! 

Me - When you were told you had HIV what was your immediate reactions and thoughts?
Jack -Well I was only 20 at the time so I figured I would be dead by 25. I watched so many people wither away and I assumed I would be plagued with multiple unpleasant illnesses. It was bleak. 

Me - Apart from family and friends is there a huge support network for people to be able to meet and talk to other people with HIV?
Jack - Yes. In New York there are support groups and therapy groups all over the place. For people who can get to those  or don't have them in their city I suggest great online communities like POZIAM.comaidsmeds.com and thebody.com. They all have great chats and forums. 

Me - Has there been anything you can't do due to having HIV? 
Jack - No. Not that I can think of. 

Me - What would you say to anybody who has been told they have HIV? 
Jack - Don't freak out. Be hopeful. It's a very optimistic time for HIV treatment. Get your blood work done on a regular basis and find a doctor you really trust. And know that you are not tainted or dirty, you are not alone and there is a massive amount of support for you. 

Me - What is coming up for you in the future?
Jack - Im writing a memoir which I hope to finish this year. I'm still doing a lot of TV stuff,hosting, developing shows and producing. I want to really start doing the college speaking circuit once my book is published. Everyday is a new adventure---as cheesey as that sounds. 

Me - I saw in a video that you still do the things you love to do, apart from swimming, what does Jack like to do?
Jack -I like to make things--art, photography, clothing. I knit. I love riding my bike around the city. I lift weights a lot. ;)

ME - One questions i'm sure lots of guys will be asking is, Are you single and available?
Jack - Yes. Very single. And looking.

So guys he is very single, may i suggest trying your luck whilst he is still on the market, he is hot, has personality and cares! This guy has massive amounts of strength, courage and is very open about living with HIV which I think deserves a HUGE round of applause... Not only is he helping himself life with it he is helping others come to terms with, live with and have fun with it all.

If I was single, and not in love I would probably try my best at getting Jack to hang of my arms ha! but apart from his very good looks, a body to die for and honesty from Jack he is a person who cares and a person with feelings. I'm sure his Memoir he is writing will contain a lot of the side of Jack we all don't get to see and for that I am excited to read this when it becomes available! Keep up all the good work Jack :)

You can follow Jack on Twitter, Facebook, IMDb or his website/blog Jackmackenroth.com


Let me know what you guys think!?

Guest Blogger 2824559789449153409

Post a Comment

  1. Such a fantastic and informative interview. I'd love to see some more.
    Jack's truly showing it's not the end of the world. You can continue to live and love your life and what you do as long as you look after yourself etc there's the possibility of years to come :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta