gayguymemoirs
Loading...

Celebrity Guest Post - Miss World Australia!


I had the pleasure of speaking with Miss World Australia, Ashleigh Francis, who is so humble, kind and caring and she agreed to do an interview for the blog :) I also had the pleasure of being invited to her birthday but due to illness could not make it! But I hear and see she had a fabulous time!! good girl.


Below is the interview... Enjoyyyyy :)




Me - What was it like being a contestant to be represent Australia, was it bitchy as it sometimes is portrayed or is that just for tv?
Ashleigh - It was a great feeling to be overseas and to be given the opportunity to represent your country. Of course there were a few 'Divas'' but most of the girls were there for the experience and they opportunity.


Me - Whats your opinion on the way some women can get stereotyped for doing pageants?
Ashleigh - I think that we can get stereotyped as women who are beautiful but with not much happening up there so to say. But most women who enter Miss World Australia are entering to raise awareness about a certain course. They come from all walks of life and all educational backgrounds, whether it be journalism, law, fashion. It can be a great way to use it as a stepping stone to be a role model to women everywhere. I think that we are lucky to live in a country where we have the choice to part take in a beauty pageant and to be proud of being a woman.

Me - Whats your feeling with the girls as young as 5 doing beauty pageants?
Ashleigh - I think that if the child wants to do it, why not! As long as the parents don't go to the extremes and allows child to be child, I think is could be a good way for the child to gain confidence.

Me - When you won the title of Miss World Australia what was your first thought and reactions?
Ashleigh - My first thought was '' My mum and dad must have just fallen of their chairs''
As soon as they said my name I burst into tears. I never thought I would be given the honor of the title. I entered for the experience and to say that I had given it a go. To be able to represent Australia's multiculturalism for the rest of my life is an amazing opportunity and one that I will never forget.

Me - Having the title "Miss World Australia" has it enabled you to help in areas that you have always wanted to?
Ashleigh - Of course! My message that I wanted to bring to the community was although ''I am one, I am still one. I cannot do everything but I can do something, and I will not refuse to do the something I can do to help people in need.'' The Miss World organisation has a beauty with a purpose judging criteria which focuses on what you do for the community. I am the ambassador for Day of Difference, Variety, the Children's Charity and have work with a number of Charities around Australia.

Me - What was it like in china, you said that exploring other cultures enables you to embrace your own, did this work for you?
Ashleigh - Definitely. I think when you take yourself away from your own land, your own culture you become more aware of what it is to be Australian. My experience in China was amazing. The people were all so welcoming and it was great to gain just a little insight to their long history. I would love to go back and really become apart of the culture.

Me - You recently had a real bad moment on holiday where you lost your passport, phone and then they couldn't find your booking how stressful was that!!!??
Ashleigh - It was extremely stressful. Let's just say that it should be on a traveling campaign of why Australian's should hold onto their documents! Luckily the Australian Consulate sorted everything out.

What is on the cards for the future for Ashleigh?
Ashleigh - I hope to get into the Television industry. I hope to host my own show!

Such a stunning women, both inside and out. She is very humble, honest and has a personality to match. I first met Ashleigh at "March Into Merivale Launch Party" She was beautiful, yet didn't have the the ugly attribute of knowing it! It would be awesome to see Ashleigh host her own show, I most certainly would watch good luck with the show Ashleigh and with the future! Check out some links below in order to read more on Ashleigh or connect with her


Guest Blogger 7421150425773401789

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta