gayguymemoirs
Loading...

What does Marriage mean to you...

What does Marriage mean to you? Do you often ask yourself the reasons why you want to be married? or in fact IF you ever want to get married?

With 4+ million people getting married on an annual basis, with an average cost of around $40,000 to see that around 1.5 million people get divorced it does make me wonder if people actually think about getting married at all?

I have been with my partner now for nearly 5 years and I have thought long and hard about where I want my relationship to go. Kids, Marriage, little house with a white picket fence - you name it I want it. Yes I will probably go through hard times being two guys with a kid and yes it will add to the stress and strains of bringing up a child but we will love that child more than anyone!

Marriage for me is more than just 2 people who love each other showing their commitment to each other, its showing you friends and family you want to build a future together, its showing your child you want to be together and that the child knows you will be strong as parents for them and each other. It's showing each other that you will be there through the good times, bad times and fun times and if one of their worlds smashed into pieces there will be somebody there to pick them up and help you glue it back together again.

Marriage for me isn't "come look at the thousands of $$$$ I have spent" nor is it even in fact "come look at me" it is "come look what we have created and where we will be going". I would like to have a child before my big day just so we can share it with our full family unit and if a boy - will be the best man and if a girl will be bridesmaid....

It's time I think we all took a look and asked our serfs "Do we actually want to get married" because I think some people see this as a novelty, fashion statement, a way to fix something or even as shallow as getting your dirty mits on rich people's money pffffft that last one REALLY grates on me...

People should get married because they love each other, want to commit and bring up a family. Do not marry for the wrong reason - Marriage is tarnished enough already by it all ...






truth 1275504141345310371

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta