gayguymemoirs
Loading...

It's that time of year again!


…. Christmas. It’s the time of year of happiness, tears of joy, opening presents, family time and fun! Although I think we tend to forget that the real reason for Christmas is about the giving of gifts and what happiness that brings to others.

 I am a UK guy who now lives in Sydney and have already spent one Christmas away from home which I found really hard, I thought that I would deal with this Christmas ok I was back in the UK in September. I am not as sad about not being home but I can’t stop thinking about all my family being together and I am not there. I come from a big family so I am use to lots of us eating in the dining room and sitting/playing in the living room. I saw a picture of my family at my dad’s diving business’ Christmas party and it made me a little sad – at the time I was on my way to see Elton John in the hunter valley, roof down on the car, sun shining and listening to music yet I still was sad.

 I guess it truly make you feel a bit down, sad and lonely at Christmas when you have no family around especially when my Australian friends all fly around Australia to see theirs and those of you who don’t are just liers!!! Lol – BUT never fear!!! Like I said I am a little sad but I am not losing sleep nor am I crying. On Christmas day we are having our annual “Orphan Christmas Party” so all our friends who have no family will be in our back garden which is meters away from the pool and beach. I have met some really good friends over the last year and am looking forward to seeing Christmas in with them and it should be FAB!
 
As for New Year I have been and done the Sydney Harbour fireworks VIP no expense spare style so now it’s time to do something I have never done before – seeing it in with no friends, no family and just my partner!! On 30th December we are off to Cairns for 9 days staying in a fab hotel (with hot tub) and just general relaxation time! 2011 hasn’t been the best year in my life especially finding things out with family! But as they say onwards and upwards!!

What will Santa bring you on Christmas day? Have you been naughty or nice?
 
Speak Soon


family 2816911990721172693

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to ready my blog :) leave a comment below :)

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Insta